- Cauliflower florets - from 1 cauliflower
- tomato puree - 1 cup
- water - 1 cup
- milk - 1 cup
- red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- turmeric powder - a pinch
- salt - to taste
- cottage cheese ,grated - optional,for garnishing
- corn flour - 1 tsp
- Elachi - 5
- cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
- clove - 1
- cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- coriander seeds - 2 tsp
- cashews - 1 to 2 tbsp
- onions - 1 big,finely chopped
- ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- green chillies - 2 to 3
- oil - 4 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai.
- Add cumin seeds and coriander seeds .Saute till it turns light brown.
- Add cashews ,cinnamon,clove,elachi and saute till cashews turn golden brown.
- Saute onions separately till it turns pink.
- Set aside to cool.Grind the roasted ingredients with green chillies,ginger garlic paste,onions into a smooth paste.Add little water.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in the same kadai.Add the tender cauliflower florets and keep sauting till it gets roasted lightly.You can sprinkle little corn-flour on the pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil and 1 tsp of ghee.Add the ground paste,turmeric powder,garam masala powder,red chilli powder and saute till oil separates.
- Add the tomato puree .Mix well and cook till raw smell goes off.
- Add salt .Pour milk slowly, stirring well.
- Cook till the gravy becomes thick.
- Stuff in the thick gravy into the roasted cauliflower florets and between the stems.
- Pour water into the remaining gravy and cook till you get a gravy consistency.
- Drop in the stuffed cauliflower florets and cook for 3 min.
- Garnish with grated cottage cheese.This is optional.
It will take some time for the cauliflower pieces to absorb the gravy.So prepare this dish 3 hours before serving.You can re-heat and serve with rotis.