This chutney tastes awesome with idli/dosa especially,rava idli.
- Peanuts / groundnuts - 1 cup
- onion - 1 big
- garlic - 4 pods
- curry leaves - 4 Sprigs
- til/sesame seeds(white) - 1 tsp
- tomato - 1 medium sized( bangalore variety)
- green chillies - 3
- red chillies - 2
- oil - 2 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- split urad dal - 1 tsp
- tamarind - 1 inch piece(can add little more as per taste)
- salt - to taste
- Dry roast til and peanuts on a low flame.Set aside to cool and remove the skin of peanuts.
- Chop onions,green chillies and garlic.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil,add onions,garlic,curry leaves and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add green chillies and chopped tomato and saute for another 3 min.
- Switch off the flame.Add the tamarind into the kadai and set aside to cool.
- Add the above ingredients in a mixer and grind it.(just pulse twice or thrice)
- Add the roasted peanuts,til ,salt to the ground mixture and grind again into a fine paste with little water.
- Temper with mustard seeds,curry leaves and split urad dal.
Serve with rava idli.