- Gooseberry - 15 to 20 ( Nellikai )
- Salt - to taste
- Red chillies - 6 to 7( according to taste)
- Asafoetida - a pinch ( Perungayam/ Hing)
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp ( Vendhayam)
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Wash and pat dry the gooseberries.
- Shred the gooseberries in a grater.
- Dry it in sun for a day.
- Saute the grated gooseberries in a kadai till the moisture is evaporated.Set aside to cool.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and red chillies in the same kadai.
- Grind the above ingredients in a mixer.
- Add the dried and grated gooseberries ,salt and jaggery to it.
- Grind the above ingredients into a coarse powder.
- Adjust salt and jaggery according to your taste.
Have with rice,ghee and papad.