- Ripe and firm tomatoes - 750 grams
- Sugar - 1 cup,heaped
- cinnamon powdered - 1/4 tsp
- ginger grated - 1/2 inch piece
- lemon juice - 4 tsp
- red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Wash the tomatoes well and chop roughly into pieces.
- Add the pieces into a blender and make a puree.
- Add the puree,sugar in a saucepan and stir on a high flame till the sugar melts.
- Add cinnamon powder,lemon juice,grated ginger and cook on a medium flame stirring continuously till it becomes a thick solution.
- Set aside to cool completely and transfer into a bottle.
Have with rotis/puris.