- Carrot - 1 kg
- Sugar - 1: 3/4( Grated carrot 1 cup : Sugar 3/4 cup)
- Ghee - 2 laddles.(5 tbsp)
- Cardamom(Elaichi Pwd)- 1 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 500 ml
- Cashew nuts or sliced almonds
- Raisins- few
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a kadai,preferably a non-stick.
- Add the grated carrots and saute for 10 to 12 min till the raw smell goes off.
- Add milk so that it just immerses the carrots.Mix well and cook for another 10 min .
- The carrots would have cooked well.Now add the sugar.
- Mix well as the sugar melts and keep stirring till it thickens slightly.
- At this point,add elachi,saffaron and 3 to 4 tsp ghee.
- Keep mixing till it thickens without liquid and slips away from the sides.
- Switch off .Add ghee in a tadka pan and roast the cashews and raisins.
- Garnish the halwa with roasted dry fruits and serve hot / chilled.