- Fresh carrots (delhi variety / normal variety) - 5 to 6,diced into cubes
- Fresh coriander leaves - 2 small bunches,finely chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper powder - for garnishing
- Onion - 1 medium sized,chopped
- Pepper corns - 15
- bay leaf - 2
- garlic cloves - 6 to 8
- butter - 1 tbsp
- Reserve the stems of coriander leaves.
- Heat a tsp of butter and add bayleaf, pepper corns ,onion , garlic cloves .Saute for 3 min.
- Add the carrot slices,coriander leaves and stems .Saute for another 3 to 5 min.
- Add 5 cups of water and allow it to boil.
- When the carrots are completely cooked,remove all the ingredients except bay leaf and set aside to cool.(Reserve the stock )
- Grind in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Add the ground paste into the stock and add water if necessary(as per the consistency).
- Add salt and allow to boil.
- When the soup reaches desired consistency(slightly thick).
- Switch off the flame.
Serve hot with a pinch of butter on top(adjust salt and pepper as per taste)