This recipe is contributed by Mrs.Lakshmi- My cousin who lives in Denmark.
Tart is absolutely delicious and very easy to prepare provided, tart pastry is store bought. Else it just takes some extra effort and time to prepare the pastry but I am sure it will be worth a try. In India it can also be a good idea to enquire the local baker if he can sell some tart pastry . Normally they add cream to the tarts but I have used milk instead just on an attempt to reduce some fat !
Tart Pastry (tart dej)
Milk - 1 cup
Onions - 3
Peas - 1 cup ( boiled)
Eggs - 2 or 3
Cheese -50 gms
Olive oil - 2 tsp
Salt - To taste
Pepper Powder -1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp(optional)
Bread Crumbs – 1 tblsp (powdered)
Part 1 - Dry
- Finely chop the onions length wise
- Heat a pan and add olive oil.
- When hot add onions and fry until onions are caramelized
- Then add peas and Chilli powder and fry for about 5 minutes in low flame
- Meanwhile Pre heat the oven to 220⁰C
- Grease the tart plate with some olive oil
- Place the tart pastry & pierce the pastry with a fork
- Then tuck it into the oven for 10 minutes
Part 3 - Wet
- Beat the eggs and the milk together in a bowl
- Add some pepper powder and salt
- Take out the tart plate from the oven.
- Fill it with dry and wet ingredients
- Sprinkle some cheese ( mozzarella or cheddar)
- Also sprinkle some powdered bread crumbs they add nice crunchiness to the tart
- Then cook in the oven at 200⁰C for 20 to 25 minutes