- Karamani - 100 grams
- Jaggery - 80 grams ( can be more as per one's taste)
- ghee - 2 tsp
- cardamon powder - 1/4 tsp
- grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Saute the karamani in a pan on a medium flame till it turns light brown in colour.
- Wash well and pressure cook with 3 cups of water.
- The karamani should be cooked very well.Strain the excess water.
- Boil 2 tumblers of water in a pan and add jaggery.
- Stir well till it melts.Strain the jaggery solution and remove the dirt.
- Add the solution back to the pan and keep stirring on a medium flame till you get a single -thread consistency.
- Add the cooked karamani ,mix well till it blends well.Do not make it very thick as the sundal thickens with time.
- Add grated coconut ,cardamom powder and stir for a min.
- Garnish with ghee.